This is a specialist relationship and new business development role supporting Wesleyan Financial Services Financial Consultants and Practice Plan’s Regional Support Managers in a given geographic territory in order to sell our wide range of lending products in accordance with credit policy.
Additionally, within your geographic territory, you will be tasked with originating and developing relationships with new introductory sources of healthcare business (GP / Dental / Veterinary / Optical etc) and be allocated a portfolio of live, lapsed and prospect accounts to manage and market our wide range of lending products.
Within your allocated territory you will be required to manage relationships and introductions from the WFS FCs and PP RSMs providing clients with a broad range of short term working capital, medium and longer term business growth lending products including, but not exclusively:
- Partner Tax, Corporation Tax & VAT funding (as appropriate)
- Insurance & Fee funding
- Asset Finance and Leasing
- Software funding
- Commercial Loans
- Partner Equity Loans
- Practice Acquisition Loans
As a key growth area for the bank, business development activity will form a significant part of the role. You will be required to source and build relationships with suitable introductory partners within your geographic territory including specialist medical brokers, solicitors, accountants and transfer agents as well as some direct sales into chosen medical sectors.
Your role will require you to manage all opportunities from initial introduction through to completion. Whilst some transactions will be relatively simple, some will require you to complete complex quotations and proposals. Once accepted by the client, you will be required to complete a full financial review of the client and complete the initial financial analysis and credit application.
This role is responsible for driving revenue and income in line with monthly, quarterly and annual targets. You are expected to proactively manage all account relationships so as to maximise customer life, renewal and cross-selling opportunities and income creation.
You will be expected to ‘treat customers fairly’ at all times and to adhere to all policies concerning ‘fair customer outcomes’, ‘quality’ and conduct risk management. Additionally, to adhere to the ethos of the Society at all times in how you go about your work.
Success in this role will require the achievement of minimum levels of performance in critical areas such as activity, behaviour, CRM adoption, customer care, quality as well as sales targets. Each element will be measured, targeted and forms part of the Sales Remuneration Scheme.
Main responsibilities and key activities:
- New business volume and income as targeted and as set out in your annual Remuneration Scheme.
- Minimum levels of customer service quality and customer experience, as determined by the Sales Quality Assurance Scheme.
- Minimum levels of input activity as determined appropriate by your line manager/senior sales management.
- Your targeted KPI outcomes as determined by your line manager/senior sales management.
- A consistent pipeline of new business opportunity from the allocated cross-company relationships, influencers or advisors, account base or through personal networking and/or prospecting activity.
- New introductory sources of business in line with the strategic direction of the business and within credit policy
- Cross-sell opportunities from your client base and prospects – Practice Plan / Wesleyan Financial Consultants /General Insurance opportunities
- Lasting, mutually beneficial working relationships with customers, advisors and introducers as relevant and appropriate to achieving success in this role.
- Similarly positive relationships with colleagues across the Bank and Society in order to support mutual success at all levels and so as to maximise and leverage group relationships.
Key to this role are:
- High degrees of personal commitment, focus, application and endeavour
- The development of mutually beneficial working relationships
- The ability to build rapport
- Ability to source & develop new relationships through business development activity
- Strong communication skills
- Strong financial analysis and interpretation skills
- Ability to prepare and submit complex credit proposals where appropriate
- A focus on and desire to, deliver customer service excellence and a positive customer experience.
- High degrees of personal planning & organising
Key Competencies (Skills and how the job operates):
You should refer to the Competency Framework: ‘Professional’ for detailed descriptions of the requisite competencies and to ensure you are familiar with the required attributes and how to demonstrate capability:
- Problem solving
- Delivering quality, commercial performance
- Continuous improvement
- Management [of pipeline, opportunities and relationships]
You will be expected to demonstrate and evidence the behaviours required of this role, as per the role-based ‘Wesleyan Core Behaviours’ framework:
- Customer focus
- Delivery of quality results
- Continuous improvement
Additionally, at all times you will be expected to:
- Act as a brand ambassador
- Take responsibility for your own quality, objectives and activity
- Adhere to Society/Bank policies and procedures
- Uphold strong professional standards
- Take responsibility for your own professional development
- An allocated fluid portfolio of circa 200 accounts, consisting of live, lapsed and prospect customers.
- Specific activity KPIs (‘inputs’) as advised by line management
- Based on individual sales conversion ratios, the origination of sufficient opportunities to develop a pipeline of a commensurate depth versus target.
Compulsory use of core systems, e.g. CRM and CORDIS as mandated by senior management.
Key Skill Requirements:
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good PC literacy skills, including Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to build rapport at all levels
- Good personal organisation
- High degrees of personal motivation
- High levels of commitment, endeavour and application
- Desire to continue learning and personally develop
- Ability to take on and employ new concepts
- Desire to be successful
- Prior financial services experience
- Ability to understand and interpret Statutory Financial and management information.
How to Apply:
For information about the role please contact Juana Leacock by email email@example.com